Prices – self catering
- A non-refundable, non-transferable 25% deposit is required at the time of booking.
- The balance is payable six weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Reservations made less than six weeks prior to the arrival date will be required to be paid in full at the time of booking.
For self-catering reservations the price is the rate for the whole house including linen, car parking and wifi.
Prices – guesthouse rooms
For guesthouse bookings the prices are room-only.
We take payment on the day of arrival.
Private parking is free during your stay and is at your own risk.
The following forms of payment are accepted: cash, all major national and international debit and credit cards (except AMEX) and BACs transfers.
Cancellation and Insurance
If you need to cancel your stay with us please contact us as soon as possible.
- For self-catering stays, if you cancel your reservation more than six weeks before the start of your stay you will forfeit your deposit, unless we are able to re-sell the dates of your stay.
- For self-catering and guesthouse stays, if you cancel your reservation within six weeks of your arrival date then the full balance remains payable. If we are able to re-sell the dates of your stay we will however refund all monies paid.
- In the event of a National Lockdown that coincides with your stay, where you are unable to travel, and where we are prevented from opening, you will receive a full refund.
- In the event of a Regional Lockdown where the address given on the reservation is placed under this lockdown, and the period of restriction covers the period of your reservation, you will receive a full refund. Please note that this applies only to the address given on the booking by the lead booker.
- Any other reasons for an inability to travel, or decision not to travel, remain at your own risk and do not give rise to a right to cancel your booking or receive a refund.
- We therefore strongly advise that you take out comprehensive UK travel insurance to cover you against cancellation. It is the responsibility of the lead booker to acquire appropriate insurance for the whole group, including cancellation and curtailment.
Non-availability of accommodation
We would only cancel your booking if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would however attempt to offer you alternative accommodation of a similar standard. If this was not possible, or unacceptable to you, then we would refund all monies paid by you for the holiday. Cumbria House’s liability would not extend beyond this refund.
For self-catering reservations we accept children of all ages.
For guesthouse reservations we accept children over the age of five.
Retreats are for over 16s only.
Cumbria House is a strictly non-smoking establishment. If any evidence of smoking is found in rooms guests will be asked to leave immediately and will be liable for the full cost of their stay. In addition to this an excess of £150 will be charged to cover the cost of deep cleaning.
Self-catering: We allow dogs as part of a self-catering group by prior arrangement. We require dogs to kept to the ground floor.
Guesthouse: Unfortunately we do not allow dogs as part of guesthouse stays.
For self catering: Check in is after 5pm on the day of arrival. You are welcome to park your car on our car park from any time on the day of your arrival.
For guesthouse bookings: Check in is between 4-7pm. So that we can manage the flow of guests, please contact us on the day to let us know your estimated arrival time. If you are arriving after 7pm we may need to provide you with a key safe code so please let us know if you will need this.
For self-catering: check-out is 9am and guests are asked to ensure that the house is left clean and tidy and in a similar condition to when they arrived.
For guesthouse bookings: check-out is 10am.
Damages and Breakages
Please take care when staying at Cumbria House. You are responsible and liable for any breakages and damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report any spills, damages or breakages as soon as they occur. We may need make a charge for repair if the damage or breakage is significant.
A charge of £20 will be levied for replacement room keys should the need arise.
A charge may be made for self-catering guests if, after vacating the property, additional cleaning is required beyond what would be reasonably expected.
Cumbria House does not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions.
Any data collected during the course of your booking may be held on computer. With your permission we may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers. We will never share your details with third parties.
For reservations made by any businesses we will provide individual Terms and Conditions for each block booking.